Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Here. I'm Just Busy.

So, my stint as a blogger is an epic fail. But, in my defense, I’ve been incredibly busy. I finished one job, started another, got nominated to serve on a national committee, became an executive member of another committee, plus my part-time job. With all that in my brain, I thought, “Hey Sandi, why don’t you commit to three days a week at the gym, and register for a night class on the other two weekdays.” Wow, good-bye social life.

Although I appear to be busy, I think I’m doing ok – for now. After the first few weeks in January, I’m starting to adapt a routine in my life, which includes some tasty Honey Nut Cheerios every morning =)

One thing that I guess I will learn from all of this would be priorities. I’ve always been a busy girl, taking on too much and making sure I prefect everything to the best of my abilities. But now, I realize, the most important part in a busy life, is making time for yourself! If I don’t want to do the dishes, but would love to go shoe shopping, I will. If I have to decide between going to the gym, or running an errand that can wait – the gym will win. It’s about knowing when to work for others, and when to work on you =)

So, blogging world…I’m still here…I’m just busy. As Samantha says in Sex and the City: The Movie, “I love you, but I love me more.”

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment