It may be attributed to the lack of Vitamin D, or because it just keeps snowing, but I’ve got the February Blues. Every winter February would stress me out. I always thought that it was midterms, papers, and the anticipation of the upcoming winter break, now I realize it’s just the February Blues.
February is a funny month, no real holidays, unless you count the mid-month, pink love fest. But the ‘holiday’ that’s abbreviated the same as an STI can stay away unless it gives me a day off work – sorry VD, I’m not running to Hallmark. Back on track, February has no real holidays, so it’s basically 28 (sometimes 29) straight days of work. It happens to be the month of tax returns, RRSPs, snow filled afternoons, snow storms that trap you inside, and tiresome deadlines. Almost every work deadline and information session occurs in February. Conveniently located after January, when everyone is running around because the New Year is here, February is starting to annoy me.
I’ve often reworded Green Day’s classic, ‘wake me up when February ends,’ and everyone laughs – I’m serious! I’m tired! Between long conference calls, deadlines, inspections, working overtime 2 weeks in a row, no vacation, holidays named after diseases and most of all, shoveling – I welcome a vacation.
I theorize that February is so hectic due to its lack of days. If that is the case, I believe we need to re-evaluate the world and maybe knock a day off March and add it to February. I’m sure March is ok with just 30 days, and February would love to go to 29 (sometimes 30). Maybe while we’re at it, we can reclassify the astrological symbols…oh wait, someone already did that.
Regardless, February gives me the blues. If I could scat via blog, I would. But I shall spare you the entire scat attempt, and let my readers scat in their brains. Maybe I’ll get some reading in over the weekend, finally clean my apartment and relax. Or maybe, just maybe…I’ll shovel…again.
No comments:
Post a Comment